Some of us can’t imagine Thanksgiving without a big, chewy roll or a slice of our favorite pie, flaky crust and all. But the holiday can be more complicated for those on a gluten-free diet. No one needs to feel deprived or stressed, though. Here are some suggestions from our Recipe Finder:
• Apple-Brined Turkey With Herbs. This recipe from our former Gastronomer, Andreas Viestad, uses apple juice to tenderize the turkey and brown the skin.
• Basic Winter Squash Puree. Use the winter squash you picked up at the grocery store or farmers market for this autumn dish.
• Escarole and Celery Heart Salad With Warm Rosemary Dressing. The warm dressing softens the escarole.
• Orange-Ginger Cranberries. This quick condiment can be made up to three days in advance.
• Pumpkin Caramel Pudding. Crust? Who needs crust? Everyone will be too distracted by the cascade of caramel to miss it.
• Red Potato Slices With Lemon and Olives. Try this dish if you prefer your potatoes unmashed.
• Wild Rice and Quinoa Pilaf With Toasted Pecans and Dried Cranberries. A festive, hearty side that is another candidate for advance prep.
More Thanksgiving recipes: