We won’t argue with anyone willing to toss aside game-day convention, but on Super Bowl Sunday, there are certain staples most of us couldn’t do without: beer, dips, wings and barbecue, to name a few. The evening lends itself to an array of bite-size snacks, perfect for eating with one hand and cheering on your team with the other. Here are some suggestions from our Recipe Finder:
• Asiago and Pecorino Cheese Biscotti: Try a savory preparation of the typically sweet baked good.
• Cheese Puffs (Gougeres): This fast recipe from chef Michel Richard makes enough to feed a crowd.
• Chickpea Hush Puppies: Ginger, curry leaves and an array of spices go into these addictive Indian-inspired fried snacks.
• Grits-Stuffed Collard Rolls: These green packages are an homage to the South.
• Grown-Up Sausage Bites: You may never go back to hot dogs wrapped in crescent rolls again.
• Maple-Bacon Spiced Nuts: Make a double or triple batch; they might not last until your guests arrive.
• Obelisk Deviled Eggs: This recipe comes from the well-respected Italian restaurant in Washington.
• Party Mix: Have some fun making this by tossing/coating the ingredients in a (clean) plastic trash bag.
• Tostadas With Chorizo, Tangy Guacamole and Fresh Cheese: This dish from Rick Bayless looks a bit like Mexican pizza.
More Super Bowl recipes: