The abundance of winter citrus right now is something wonderful to behold. Supermarket shelves are stocked with colorful orbs of oranges, grapefruit and clementines. Mostly I just peel and eat the fruit, but this week’s inspired collection of recipes from Elinor Klivans may prompt me to be a little more adventurous. Here are a few other suggestions from our Recipe Finder:
• Blood Orange and Grilled Grapefruit Salad: This colorful salad has cranberries thrown into the mix for some extra tartness.
• Broiled Citrus: Serve this beautiful composition of fruit for breakfast or dessert.
• Carrots With Onion-Orange Marmalade: You can make the two components of this side a day in advance.
• Citrus Fruits With Grand Marnier Sabayon and Citrus Sorbet: Getting enough Vitamin C won’t be a problem with this dessert.
• Orange Bitters: If life hands you oranges . . . make orange bitters.
• Orange Cake With Citrus Compote: Unexpected cake ingredients include cornmeal and olive oil.
• Salmon With Pink Peppercorn Citrus Sauce: Pomegranate seeds add a pop of color and flavor to this attractive main course.
What are your favorite uses for winter citrus? Share in the comments below.