Until Sandy unleashes its full fury on us, there’s still time to laugh and enjoy a good meme while we can. Early this morning Jimmy Kruyne was just a dude. By late this morning he was nationally-known as Horse Mask Guy. And by this evening he’ll probably be forgotten. That’s how the meme world works. The hyper-cycle was on display this morning on Twitter as I watched Horse Mask Guy hysteria sweep my timeline.
1) Horse Mask Guy gets mentioned.
somebody at @nbcwashington needs to get us a GIF of that dude running around Bloomingdale in little but a horse head mask NOW.— Aaron Morrissey (@amorrissey) October 29, 2012
2) Horse Mask Guy gets screencapped.
So this person just ran by a live shot on NBC4... lockerz.com/s/257195675— Gheorghe The Blog (@gheorghetheblog) October 29, 2012
3) Horse Mask Guy gets YouTubed.
YOU GUYS, YOU GUYS! D.C. horseface jogger hurricane madness! youtu.be/OTO_NsYkqOo— Mike Tunison (@xmasape) October 29, 2012
4) Horse Mask Guy gets blogged.
Video: Some Guy in a Horse Mask, Running Around Bloomingdalewcp.to/Tq7g5F— City Paper (@wcp) October 29, 2012
5) Horse Mask Guy gets blogged, again.
The shirtless man wearing a horse head wins Hurricane Sandy: bit.ly/PClNvP— DCist (@dcist) October 29, 2012
6) Horse Mask Guy gets blogged on a huge national sports site.
Shirtless horse-masked jogger interrupts Hurricane Sandy news report: deadsp.in/Vx1fBz— Deadspin (@Deadspin) October 29, 2012
7) Horse Mask Guy gets blogged on a huge national news/gossip site.
Who is winning Hurricane Sandy? Probably the shirtless guy jogging around D.C. in the horse mask. Video (and GIFs): gaw.kr/0aLE63— Gawker (@Gawker) October 29, 2012
8) Horse Mask Guy speaks and identifies himself!
UPDATE: The horse-mask jogger speaks! bit.ly/PClNvP— DCist (@dcist) October 29, 2012
9) Horse Mask Guy takes a photo of himself, wearing horse mask, in front of TV showing himself running around Bloomingdale while wearing horse mask.
Full meme cycle achieved.
Besides, Horse Mask Guy is old news. Now it’s all about Zombie Pirates Dude.