1. She has a real estate license and knows about asbestos code. “I always say, ‘We still have a seat for you,’” says Jared Seligman, wistfully, with a little bit of static in the background like he might be riding in a car. Seligman is the New York real estate wunderkind who hired her for part-time office work and then offered her a full-time job after two weeks.
2. She thinks comedy is not her strong suit. “Comedies are harder for me — The quick comedies? The stuff that Emma Stone does? I love watching her because she’s so funny, but it’s something that very few people are able to do really well.”
3. She patiently tolerates annoying questions about what it was like to grow up with the Olsen Twins: “I always knew that I would have a different experience than my sisters.”
4. She could have been a child star too — but she liked ballet better: When a ballet teacher told her the auditions had made her miss too many rehearsals to dance in the class recital, she decided to stop. “I didn’t have the discipline to only want [to act]. I loved school. I loved sports. I loved singing lessons. I didn’t want acting to feel like a job.”
5. She carries her own luggage: “I was expecting some burly guy to be waiting for her, but she just started loading up herself,” says writer-director Sean Durkin.