Some highlights on the “horse race” from the new CNN-Time Iowa poll:
• Big Gingrich slump, from 33 percent in early December poll to 14 percent in new poll. Other notable changes: Santorum pick-up from 5 to 16 percent. Overall tally is: Romney at 25 percent, Paul at 22, Santorum at 16, Gingrich 14, Perry 11, Bachmann 9 and Huntsman 1 percent.
• Among tea party supporters: Paul, Santorum and Romney all at 19 percent, with Gingrich at 17 percent, down from 40 percent earlier in the month.
• Santorum leaps from 7 to 22 percent among evangelicals, grabs top spot among those voters; they made up 60 percent of all GOP caucus-goers in 2008, according to the Iowa entrance poll.
• Note: The new poll does not include cellphones. On last count, 29 percent of Iowa adults were “cell-only.”
• Click through to see across-the-board effects of Gingrich’s rough month.
Percentage-point change for Gingrich from early- to late-December CNN Iowa polls: