Most Read: Local

Campus Overload
Posted at 12:50 PM ET, 08/08/2011

Interns say good-bye on Twitter as summer winds down

Summer internships are winding down, and Twitter is abuzz with news of good-bye lunches, final presentations and messages like this one: “They've been amazing all summer, gonna miss them.”

After a summer of mostly intern-bashing on Twitter, it’s refreshing to see a wave of intern-praising.

This is my last round-up of intern-related tweets for the summer, but please make sure to keep in touch on Twitter (@wpjenna).

the interns are utterly entranced by ads that feature talking cats.less than a minute ago via Twitter for Mac Favorite Retweet Reply

I have just discovered the joy of eager interns.less than a minute ago via Seesmic Favorite Retweet Reply

Dear #Washington: Get your giggling interns out of the camera shot when you debate the end of the nation. Thank you, the American peopleless than a minute ago via web Favorite Retweet Reply

Employers need to learn how to be a proper boss for interns. You can't just blame interns "for being stupid"less than a minute ago via Twitter for Mac Favorite Retweet Reply

(Many, many more intern tweets after the jump.)

First day of August! While many interns are getting happy that they only have a bit more left, I'm sad time is flying by so fast! #LovinThisless than a minute ago via HootSuite Favorite Retweet Reply

These interns insist on coming to my office asking ?s I already addressed in the staff meeting. Like OHEMGEE!!less than a minute ago via TweetCaster for Android Favorite Retweet Reply

I get to stare at a poster of Wolverine fighting a band of ninjas all day. #Marvel offices know to keep their interns happyless than a minute ago via web Favorite Retweet Reply

i can't remember some of these interns name , so i give them nicknames lolsless than a minute ago via Mobile Web Favorite Retweet Reply

Hey interns, wanna know how to not get fired? Don't be stupid. Don't be a douche. #internqueenpartyless than a minute ago via Echofon Favorite Retweet Reply

Interns are great and essential for a healthy metabolism.less than a minute ago via web Favorite Retweet Reply

I get really annoyed when I see positions open for unpaid interns. Never work for free. Ever. And it's illegal last I checked.less than a minute ago via HootSuite Favorite Retweet Reply

At the the coffee maker this morning: Two interns trying to decide if the powdered creamer was spoiled. #fbless than a minute ago via web Favorite Retweet Reply

@thescottbishop Careful. Interns spook easy, and they're difficult to herd back.less than a minute ago via web Favorite Retweet Reply

Was I this annoying in college? Interns drive me nuts, especially "the kid".less than a minute ago via web Favorite Retweet Reply

@jaosgood Always the way. Never outsource, never have contractors, and NEVER EVER have interns from Cambridgeless than a minute ago via Twitter for Mac Favorite Retweet Reply

The summer interns are getting their offers or rejections today. I feel bad for the rejected ones...their faces look so downtrodden.less than a minute ago via web Favorite Retweet Reply

Damn these interns and their "please hire me!" cake. I feel like Violet Beauregarde now. Someone please roll me to the gym.less than a minute ago via Twitter for iPhone Favorite Retweet Reply

Some journalists at the #ALEC annual meeting have interns following them. Reminds me of the KGB minders from the old soviet union.less than a minute ago via Twitter for Android Favorite Retweet Reply

Listening to the interns talk to clients and reps on the phone is like listening to a 3 yr old child learning hooked-on-phonics.less than a minute ago via Twitter for iPhone Favorite Retweet Reply

It's strange to be nervous to interview interns. I was once on that other side.less than a minute ago via Seesmic Favorite Retweet Reply

Who put the glad in gladiator?! The 2011 Disney Interns, that's who. #ballinless than a minute ago via Twitter for iPhone Favorite Retweet Reply

By  |  12:50 PM ET, 08/08/2011

Read what others are saying