Most Read: Local

Campus Overload
Posted at 11:35 AM ET, 07/27/2011

Twitter captures intern adventures (like answering calls about debt debate)

This week I have been visiting family in northern California and hardly working — but I still can’t stop reading the stream of tweets by or about interns. (I will also be online Thursday at 1 p.m. to answer questions about wrapping up your internship.)

Of note on Twitter: The last few days have brought a lot of sympathy for Hill interns, who are likely answering a slew of phone calls and constituent letters regarding the national debt debate.

Here’s a sampling of the chatter:

Obamas advice to call your representative= a death sentence for interns. So many phone calls!! #DCinternproblemsless than a minute ago via HTC Peep Favorite Retweet Reply

i love following my interns on twitter. pure gold all day.less than a minute ago via web Favorite Retweet Reply

Stealing the interns candy. #winningless than a minute ago via web Favorite Retweet Reply

And there are many, many more tweets after the jump (so keep reading) ...

One day interns will clean out our beer equipment for us. @panglebearless than a minute ago via web Favorite Retweet Reply

Interns can be the best and the worst at times!less than a minute ago via Twitter for iPad Favorite Retweet Reply

I hate it when you think you know everything #internsless than a minute ago via Twitter for BlackBerry® Favorite Retweet Reply

Ugh, dang it fellow interns. A meeting at 11:50? L.O.E. (LUNCH OVER EVERYTHING)less than a minute ago via web Favorite Retweet Reply

You can spot the Republican interns any damn where.less than a minute ago via Twitter for iPhone Favorite Retweet Reply

Thanks @LinkedIn interns for outstanding flashmob during company meeting. You left Jeff speechless.less than a minute ago via LinkedIn Favorite Retweet Reply

I'm so looking forward to the presidential debate on twitter, featuring 23 year-old interns playing the role of Mitt Romney.less than a minute ago via web Favorite Retweet Reply

Can interns have interns? I need one to do all my work for me @InternProblemz @Real_Internsless than a minute ago via Twitter for Android Favorite Retweet Reply

Summer interns just asked who Jimmy Hendrix was O_oless than a minute ago via Twitter for iPhone Favorite Retweet Reply

Looking up seemingly benign words in urban dictionary so the interns don't drag me into HR.less than a minute ago via web Favorite Retweet Reply

By  |  11:35 AM ET, 07/27/2011

Read what others are saying