wpostServer: http://css.washingtonpost.com/wpost

The Post Most: Local

Posted at 05:00 AM ET, 04/25/2012

Forecast: Nice today, not-so-nice tomorrow morning

EXPRESS FORECAST

Today: Mostly sunny. Near 70 to low 70s. | Tonight: Increasing clouds, chance of showers late. 50s. | Tomorrow: Mostly cloudy. Morning rain likely. 30% chance of p.m. showers. Upper 60s to mid-70s. | A Look Ahead | Get Express Forecast by E-mail

TODAY'S DAILY DIGIT

A somewhat subjective rating of the day’s weather, on a scale of 0 to 10


Sunny skies quickly erase early-morning chill. Afternoon is pretty close to perfect with highs near or past 70. Get the Digit on Twitter| Discuss on Facebook

FORECAST IN DETAIL


Enjoy today’s trouble-free commutes, at least as far as the weather goes, because tomorrow morning’s rush sure looks rainy. First, though, we’ll enjoy a wonderful Wednesday with sunshine and highs near 70 to the low 70s. Friday is pretty nice, too. What about the weekend? Good question.

Today (Wednesday): Slowly but surely we continue our warming trend today. Morning lows in the upper 30s to mid-40s are still cool compared to what we’ve been treated to most of this spring. But mostly sunny skies do their thing, boosting afternoon highs to near 70 to the low 70s. Breezes are from the west around 10-15 mph. Confidence: High

Tonight: Clouds are on the increase tonight as a warm front approaches. The evening should be just fine, but a 30% chance of showers overnight increases to 70% just before sunrise. The clouds and breezes from the south make for decently mild night with lows in the 50s. Confidence: Medium

For related traffic news, check out Dr. Gridlock. Keep reading for the forecast through the weekend...

Tomorrow (Thursday): A warm front in the area likely means a rainy morning commute. The main batch of steady rain should move out by late morning, but a 30% chance of showers and maybe a thunderstorm remains through afternoon into early evening as a breezy cold front comes through. Highs depend on cloud cover. If we’re mostly cloudy all day, then upper 60s should do it. But if we can break into some afternoon sun, then mid-70s are within reach. Confidence: Low-Medium

Tomorrow night: Any showers still around should exit quickly during the early evening. The rest of the night features clearing skies and a pretty good breeze in the wake of the cold front. Lows drop back to the mid-40s to low 50s. Confidence: Medium

A LOOK AHEAD

Friday greets us with a much nicer start than Thursday. In fact, mostly to partly sunny skies should prevail much of the day with highs in the the 60s. Clouds increase later in the afternoon or Friday evening, with a 30% chance of showers overnight or toward morning. Lows are right around where we’d expect them this time of year - in the 40s to near 50. Confidence: Medium

We still don’t have a good beat on the weekend forecast. Latest trends point to a stalled front threatening showers on Saturday and high pressure trying to dry things out for Sunday. But some scenarios could produce showers on Sunday as well. Highs are somewhere in the 60s or 70s. Give us another day and we should have a somewhat more confident forecast. Confidence: Low

By  |  05:00 AM ET, 04/25/2012

Categories:  Forecasts

 
Read what others are saying
     

    © 2011 The Washington Post Company