wpostServer: http://css.washingtonpost.com/wpost

The Post Most: Local

Posted at 05:00 AM ET, 11/13/2011

Forecast: On the mild side, with increasing rain chances toward Tues-Wed

Today's Daily Digit
 
A somewhat subjective rating of the
day's weather, on a scale of 0 to 10.

 
Mixed sky cover (some clouds, some sun) muddles the day a bit, but still a nice weekend situation for this time of year.
 
Get the 'Digit' on Twitter
EXPRESS FORECAST

Today: Partly sunny, mild. 61-66. | Tonight: Mostly cloudy. 43-51. | Tomorrow: Partly to mostly cloudy. A couple showers? Mid-to-upper 60s. | A Look Ahead | Get Express Forecast by E-mail

FORECAST IN DETAIL

Our fantastic start to the weekend yesterday becomes marred a bit today as clouds cover the sky at times. But the sun should make some appearances as well, and highs in the low-to-mid 60s mean a second straight warmer-than-average day with more to come. The best chance for rain (maybe even t’storms) looks to be Tuesday afternoon or evening into Wednesday morning. Colder weather returns late Wednesday into the latter part of the week.

Today (Sunday): Mixed sky conditions range from sometimes cloudy to sometimes sunny. After a cool morning start, afternoon highs should make the low-to-mid 60s with light winds from the south and southwest. Despite the clouds at times, it’s still a decent day for mid-November standards. Confidence: Medium-High

Tonight: Mostly cloudy skies prevent temperatures from getting as crisp as recent nights. Those lows range from the mid-40s in the outer suburbs to near 50 in the city. Confidence: High

Keep reading for the forecast through midweek...

Tomorrow (Monday): A gradually approaching cold front is the culprit in partly to mostly cloudy skies (still, some breaks of sunshine are possible). The best odds of showers should stay west and north of the area, but we can’t completely rule out a couple showers around town (25% chance). We warm up a few degrees from today with mid-to-upper 60s for highs. Light winds come from the south and southwest. Confidence: Medium-High

Tomorrow night: Mostly cloudy with a small (20%) chance of showers, and warmer lows around 50-55 (suburb-city) Confidence: Medium

A LOOK AHEAD

Tuesday brings that cold front closer to our area. Warm winds ahead of it give D.C. a shot to reach 70 for the first time since Oct. 19. Highs around the area should range from the upper 60s to low 70s. We might see a few morning showers (30% chance), with the chance of showers increasing to near 70% by afternoon or evening and continuing around that percentage overnight. Can’t rule out some afternoon or nighttime t’storms, either. Tuesday night lows dip to the 50s. Confidence: Low-Medium

Wednesday presents a couple possible scenarios. The cold front may sweep through the area early enough to favor a partly sunny day that is cool and crisp. Or, the front could take longer to pass through the area, meaning still some morning clouds and lingering showers. For now, we favor a 40% chance of morning showers with afternoon to evening clearing. Highs should reach the 60s, but stronger winds from the north and west later in the day could make it feel cooler than that, with breezy and chilly 30s to near 40 on the way for Wednesday night lows. Confidence: Low-Medium

By  |  05:00 AM ET, 11/13/2011

Categories:  Forecasts

 
Read what others are saying
     

    © 2011 The Washington Post Company