Forecast: Two more pleasant days

Showers and some humidity by Thu-Fri

Today’s Daily Digit
 
A somewhat subjective rating of the
day’s weather, on a scale of 0 to 10.

 
A few more afternoon clouds and light showers possible, but wow, we have to love these temperatures!
 
Get the ‘Digit’ on Twitter
EXPRESS FORECAST

Today: Partly cloudy, small chance of p.m. shower. Mid-upper 70s. | Tonight: Partly cloudy, cool 54-60. | Tomorrow: Beautiful, sunny, comfortable. Upper 70s. | A Look Ahead | Get Express Forecast by E-mail

FORECAST IN DETAIL

Our cool weather summer respite continues for two more days. Comfortable daytime temperatures holding under 80 in most areas (normal high now is 84) with low humidity cannot really be beat this time of year. The only thing we really need these days is rain and voila, that is on the agenda too hopefully by Thursday and Friday. Yes, humidity will tick up a little bit by that point, but temperatures should only reach up into the 80s, especially on Friday. The weekend sees more shower/storm chances along with increasing temperatures. Enjoy this week as next week is trending hotter again.

Temperatures: Latest D.C. area temperature map powered by iMapWeather (base map by Google). Click and hold on map to pan. Double-click to zoom. Refresh page to update. See larger map on our Weather Wall.

Today (Tuesday): A cool upper level feature is sliding through the area today, creating some instability (this means more clouds). Indeed, variable cloud cover today offers less overall sunshine than yesterday along with light scattered afternoon showers (30% chance). This is NOT the soaker we need, but it’s a little something for some at least. Temperatures will be held back to around the mid-to-upper 70s range. Light cool breezes from the north at around 10 mph. Confidence: High

Tonight: Partly cloudy skies with partial overnight clearing. Cool and comfortable with lows in the middle 50s in the suburbs to near 60 in the city. Light breezes continue from a northerly direction at around 5 to 10 mph. Confidence: High

Keep reading for the forecast through the weekend...

””

Tomorrow (Wednesday): This should be another Nice Day qualification with partly to mostly sunny skies and very comfortable temperatures again only in the upper 70s (basically like Monday’s weather). Light northerly breezes continue. Confidence: High

Tomorrow night: Mostly clear and cool again with lows in the middle 50s to near 60 once more in the city. Another complaint-free night that is air-conditioner free. Confidence: High

A LOOK AHEAD

Thursday signals a bit of a change in our weather as a disturbance arrives from the west. The first thing it does is bring in more clouds and some humidity as winds start arriving from the south and southwest. Second, it introduces shower and thunderstorm chances in the morning (30-40 percent chance) with increasing odds towards afternoon and evening (60 percent chance). Highs should be in the upper 70s to low 80s with lows that night in the low-to-mid 60s. Confidence: Medium

Friday sees more shower/storm chances (60% chance) as the low pressure feature passes to our north. Partly to mostly cloudy skies continue with temperatures in the low-to-mid 80s and increased humidity levels. None of this will feel nearly as bad as last week’s sweat-fest though. Friday night is cloudy with more showers/storm chances mainly in the evening and lows in the mid-to-upper 60s. Confidence: Medium

The weekend is a bit complicated as a warm front approaches on Saturday with more showers and storms in the afternoon, and then a hotter air mass builds in by Sunday. There are still big questions on timing, but whatever happens, Sunday should be hotter than Saturday, and it has a better chance to be drier too. Let’s aim for highs in the low-to-middle 80s on Saturday and mid-to-upper 80s on Sunday (I wouldn’t rule out a return of 90 either). Lows should fall in the mid-to-upper 60s. And yeah, you’ll feel that humidity a bit more too. Confidence: Low-Medium

local

Success! Check your inbox for details. You might also like:

Please enter a valid email address

See all newsletters

Comments
Show Comments
Most Read

local

Success! Check your inbox for details.

See all newsletters