*** Latest storm update: S'now joke: Another major storm coming ***
(next update around 11 p.m.)
* Federal government closed tomorrow: Federal Eye *
* Winter Storm Warning Tues.-Wed. for most of metro area (map) *
* Making history? | Today's Q&A | Snowmageddon's incredible output *
* Watch out for ice dams | Measuring Snowmageddon's depth *
* Power outage maps for Dominion Electric | Pepco | BG&E *
* Outside now? Radar, temps & more: Weather Wall *
* News, traffic & storm coverage: Local home page | Get There *
As our previous update indicates, we're calling for 5-10" in D.C. and to the south and west, and 8-16" to the north and northeast for the upcoming storm. Our accumulation projections are less than the National Weather Service's (10-20"), Topper Shutt's (1 to 2 feet), Doug Hill's (12-16"), and Bob Ryan's (8-12"). The reason for this is that we see the possibility of a dry slot impacting southern half of the metro region. Having said that, we're going to analyze some data coming in between 9 and 11 p.m. tonight and will adjust our accumulation map in our 11 p.m. update as necessary.
Before we do so, it's your chance to weigh in by indicating how much snow you think will fall at Reagan National (DCA), and giving this storm a name. See the polls below....