Heaviest snow now through 3 p.m. or so
* Blizzard Warning (map) | Winter Storm Warning *
* CWG on Facebook & Twitter | E-mail forecast to a friend *
* Outside now? Radar, temps & more: Weather Wall *
* Travel tips | Snow day happy hour | Live chat transcript *
* Submit snow photos | Tweet storm reports to #eastcoaststorm *
* Share your snow videos | NWS snowfall reports *
* The latest storm news, traffic, and cancellation info *
Many parts of the metro region -- particularly in the south -- have received 10 or more inches of snow through 11 a.m. Around Charlottesville, totals have reached 15-20". Another 5-9" is likely, with locally heavier amounts, especially east of town. The worst part of the storm will continue through the mid-to-late afternoon hours, with snow decreasing in coverage and intensity from southwest to northeast. Overnight, snow will be lighter and more intermittent and should end most places before dawn.
On various media outlets and Twitter, folks are coming up with names for this storm. A couple examples include "Snowpocalypse" and "Capital Crippler." How would you name this storm? Comment with your ideas. We'll pick our favorite and you can vote on them later in a Capital Weather Gang poll...