The third installment of HBO's "24/7" documentary on the Capitals and Penguins offered some laugh-out-loud moments, like Pittsburgh's Matt Cooke and Paul Martin talking about "Just for Men-ing" Martin's blonde mustache, and Washington Coach Bruce Boudreau trying to buy his wife a Christmas present but being distracted by "Haagen-Dazs. Woo! Treats, for everybody!"
But the best footage, hands down, was from the rivals' first regular-season meeting of the year. Maybe you'd already seen Pittsburgh's 3-2 shootout win last Thursday, but thanks to good old waltz-right-into-George-McPhee's-office-and-take-whatever-you-need HBO, the sights and sounds were largely brand new tonight.
Below, the top five mic'ed up moments from the premium version of the Capitals-Penguins game:
5) Capitals defenseman Scott Hannan trying to make a deal with the official after punching Tyler Kennedy: "He slashes the goalie, I'll punch him. You can take us both -- you can't take one, though."
4) Boudreau, getting the Caps fired up right before they face the Penguins: "Now, I think we're ready. I've looked at everybody's faces, looked in your eyes, I think we're ready to play here."
3) Alex Ovechkin, desperately trying to get a delay of game call on Pittsburgh's Zbynek Michalek: "Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! That's [bleeping] two minutes. Hey! ... It's two minutes. Two minutes."
2) Boudreau's instructions to Mike Green before the Caps go on the power play: "Hey, Mike. If you get a chance, shoot."
1) Penguins captain Sidney Crosby, finally getting in some f-bombs while arguing for a hooking call on John Carlson: "You gonna [bleepin'] call that? [Bleep] off! [Bleep] you! [Bleepin'] [bleep]. [Bleep]. [Bleepin'] [bleep]. Right in the [bleepin'] face? That's a [bleepin'] joke."
Check the random quote generator later today for all the best moments from episode three.