It’s a provocative bit of casting, first and foremost because Moore is a fine actress, and it will be interesting to see how she brings Palin to life in a way that diverges from the comedic,Tina Fey template.
But it’s also intriguing because, in their careers at least, Moore and Palin seem like wildly different people.
To prove that point, here’s a list of five things that Moore has done on film or television in the past that, presumably, she won’t be doing in the role of Palin.
1. Appearing on camera naked from the waist down. (See “ Short Cuts .”)
2. Directing Mark Wahlberg’s, um, sexual performance as they record a porno together. (” Boogie Nights .”)
3. Overdose on prescription medication, then sit in a car and sing a few bars of Aimee Mann’s “Wise Up.” (” Magnolia .”)
4. Play a woman who has a British twin she doesn’t know about, and who finds out that said twin has been pretending to be her so she can have an affair with her fiance. (”As the World Turns.”)
5. Utter the following phrase: “Do you like sex, Mr. Lebowski?” Although honestly, I’m hoping the writers of “Game Change” can figure out a way to work this in; surely Palin is a fan of the Dude? (” The Big Lebowski .”)