Celebrity stories in glossy magazines teach us the darndest things. Take
the piece on Evan Rachel Wood that’s running in the May issue of Esquire.
As part of its “Women We Love” series, the magazine published a photo spread and short profile of the actress most recently seen in “The Conspirator” and HBO’s “Mildred Pierce.” Even though the article is brief, it taught us five things we did not already know about Evan Rachel Wood, several of which (but not all) are related to her nine tattoos.
1. She’s bisexual, or at the very least bi-curious. Wood tells Esquire writer Julian Sancton that she dates both men and women. “Yeah, I'm more kind of like the guy when it comes to girls,” she says. “I'm the dominant one. ... I'm opening the doors, I'm buying dinner. Yeah, I'm romantic.”
2. Evan Rachel Wood is way ahead of the game when it comes to planning her own funeral. Apparently she’s already written her will, plans to be cremated and have her ashes spread in multiple locations, and will have “Shine On You Crazy Diamond” by Pink Floyd played at her funeral.
3. Wood’s many tattoos include a couple inspired by literature. She has a Shel Silverstein drawing of a candle on her back and the word “Unless...” from “The Lorax” etched across her ribs.
4. She also has tattoos that commemorate a couple of her exes. She has a J for former boyfriend Jamie Bell on her left ankle. She acquired a number 15 behind her right ear and a heart with an infinity symbol behind her left ear with former fiance Marilyn Manson in mind. (Apparently 15 was their special number and the heart image signified a love that would last forever, but obviously didn’t, quite.)
5. Wood has a tattoo on the inside of her lip. But she won’t say what it is or what it means. I mean, she has to maintain some level of privacy, right?