A morning mix of entertainment headlines...
• Mary-Kate Olsen is apparently dating Olivier Sarkozy, a managing director at the Carlyle Group and the half-brother of former French president Nicolas Sarkozy. The New York Post reports that Olsen, 25, and Sarkozy, 42, have been together for about a month and are “head over heels” for each other. They were spotted together in the Hamptons over the Memorial Day weekend.
• In other celebrity dating news, exes Drake and Rihanna were acting “hot and heavy” this weekend while partying in Miami over the Memorial Day weekend, Us Magazine reports. This has prompted speculation that perhaps they are giving their romance, which flickered briefly in 2009, another chance.
•Tom Cruise will receive the Entertainment Icon Award from the Friars Club on June 12, a few days before his new movie, “Rock of Ages,” is released. Now, before you get excited and think this is a roast, please know: it’s not. The Friars Club very rarely gives out entertainment icon awards; Cruise will be the fourth person to ever receive what is considered the club’s highest honor. The three previous recipients were Douglas Fairbanks, Cary Grant and Frank Sinatra. (The Hollywood Reporter)
• Did you know that Christian Bale lost key roles in “What’s Eating Gilbert Grape?” and “Titanic” to Leonardo DiCaprio? And that Leonardo DiCaprio failed to get cast in “Baywatch”? Well, now you do.(Vulture)
• Actually, you should read Movieline’s entire David Hasselhoff interview, which gave Vulture that DiCaprio/“Baywatch” anecdote. Among other things, it also contains the following quote from Mr. Hasselhoff: “I just go with the flow. I just get on the Hoff train and ride.”
• Tamara Taylor, star of “Bones” and the actress who played Walt’s mother on “Lost,” has finalized her divorce from attorney Miles Cooley, according to People magazine. The couple married in 2007 and filed for divorce in February of this year.
•By now, you’re familiar with the Movie Simpsons Tumblr, which we mentioned in a recent morning mix. But this might be even better: it’s called “I Don’t Remember These Simpsons,” a Tumblr filled with episode summaries that don’t sound quite right. Example: “‘Stand Under My Homberella,’ (2008), Rihanna moves into Lisa’s room.(Guest stars: Rihanna, Col. Oliver North.)” Wait, I don’t remember that ”Simpsons”! (Found via Best Week Ever)