After spending far too much of my Sunday evening reading Tila Tequila's increasingly unhinged tweets and wondering if it would be unprofessional for me to offer her some kind of monetary reward to quit the service, I was ready to follow Miley Cyrus into swearing off the whole over-hyped service.
I was, then, of course reminded of Twitter's better side by reading a few dispatches from Sarah Silverman and Tracy Morgan, who see the 140-character or less model as yet another vehicle for their genius. And by Lindsay Lohan, who just plain overshares. And oversharing, in her case, is a good thing.
But although I didn't much agree with this list from Popeater -- of celebrities who should join Twitter -- it did get me to thinking: which bold-namers would I like to see sign up and start dazzling us with their brain droppings? And what about you -- any celeb holdouts you'd like to see sign on?
Here's my list (compiled with a bit of help from my friends):
1. Katie Holmes and/or Tom Cruise -- the possibilities are endless. I'm thinking Tom's world view cut through with Katie's pleas from inside the protective perimeter.
2. Amy Winehouse -- Is she really over the drug assisted hijinx? What's the real reason behind that boob job. A few tweets sure could help to clear things up.
3. Dave Chappelle -- It isn't as if he's got a weekly series to keep him busy anymore, so surely a guy who can do nine-plus hour stand-up shows can find time for a few short tweets from time to time.
4. Jon Gosselin -- Sorry Kate, I just think Jon may have a more colorful take on tweeting. And I would just love to confirm the hunch that he'd have Ed Hardy-inspired wallpaper on his page.
5. Jennifer Aniston -- The girl is an enigma wrapped in a mystery wrapped in an actress who is capable of playing one character. Mayhaps Twitter would be the ideal vehicle for Jen to show us who she really is.
Okay, now share yours...