Steven Tyler injured his face and lost two teeth after taking a tumble in a hotel bathroom, the Associated Press reports.
The Aerosmith frontman, who is in Paraguay for a concert, was taken to a hospital. Tyler was given two dental implants and treated for cuts to his face.
The band’s show was postponed one day.
Nicolas Garzia, an official with the company that organized the concert, tweeted that Tyler was dehydrated thanks to food poisoning. He said Tyler felt dizzy and lost his balance
“Thank you for all the love regarding my dad and his accident. He is recovering and doing much better. I will pass on all the well wishes,” his daughter Mia Tyler tweeted. “My dad takes a lickin but always keeps on tickin. Can't nothin bring down the Demon Of Screamin!”
Update: The dentist who treated Tyler said he’s “doing splendidly.”