- Forget a Capitol Hill internship. Wouldn’t you rather work in Shaolin? Wu-Tang Clan is looking for interns. “You must think first, before you move.” Also you must have excellent written communication skills.
- New wave icons the B-52’s are performing at the National Zoo. The Aug. 10 show is a fundraiser to benefit concert with proceeds supporting animal care, conservation science, education, and sustainability programs at the Zoo. You have two weeks to come up with the perfect “Rock Lobster” joke.
- Why did The Washington Post’s Paul Richard give the Rolling Stones such a negative review in that 1965 story that was republished on the site a few days ago? Because he grew up in Chicago seeing Muddy Waters and thought they were just ripping him off, that’s why.
- A new Smiths box set will contain eight CDs, eight LPs, 25 7-inch singles, a DVD, liner notes and more. The 3,000-edition set sounds bigger than the tiny studio apartments that we presume most of the people who want to buy the thing live in. Meanwhile, Morrissey continues to say very Morrissey things.
- The ticket pre-sale for the Jay-Z/Kanye West tour has been pushed back to Tuesday, Aug. 2. Additional dates will be announced on Monday. The tour stops at Verizon Center on Sept. 29.
Clicky shuffle: Your random song for Thursday morning:
- The Vaselines, “Son of a Gun”