- Puerto Rican hip-hop duo Calle 13 received a record 10 Latin Grammy nominations, including album, record and song of the year. The band’s politically-charged album “Entren Los Que Quieran” was released this past November. Shakira, Solis and Ricky Martin also received multiple nominations. The awards show will be held on Nov. 10 in Las Vegas.
- Cameron Crowe’s documentary “Pearl Jam Twenty” will screen in theaters for one night only this coming Tuesday, Sept. 20. It will be playing at Landmark E Street Theatre (all shows sold out!) but tickets are still availbe for two screenings at Silver Spring’s AFI Silver Theatre.
- Kanye West (and Rhymefest) made a “Crank Yankers”-inspired (can’t belive I just typed that phrase) puppet show pilot in 2008 that never got picked up. Now you can see 10 minutes of behind-the-scenes footage of the show that never was. There’s lots of Kanye and a little bit of Kim Kardashian dressed as Princess Leia.
- Did Big Sean get his fill of Merriweather Post Pavilion or was it vice versa? Either way, the Detroit rapper who bombed at last weekend’s FreeFest is off the bill of Friday’s Lupe Fiasco show at Merriweather. It would have been Big Sean’s third visit to the venue in seven weeks, as he opened Wiz Khalifa’s July show there. He’s been replaced on the bill by local rapper Phil Ade. Other opening acts include Wale, Miguel and Tinie Tempah.
Clicky shuffle: Your random song for Thursday morning:
- Harry Nilsson, “Vine Street”