- Brad Paisley, Dierks Bentley, Darius Rucker, Alabama native Ashton Shepherd, Alabama natives Alabama and a cast of others performed in Birmingham on Tuesday night to raise funds for that tornado-torn state. The “Bama Rising” concert drew over 13,000 fans, with proceeds going toward relief statewide.
- Bruce Springsteen took to his Web site, Twitter and Facebook on Tuesday to comment on saxophonist Clarence Clemons who suffered a stroke over the weekend. “Clarence will need much care and support to achieve his potential once again,” Springsteen said.
- 2011 is almost halfway over, meaning that music journos far and wide are about to start rolling out their best-albums-of-2011-so-far lists. NPR Music has done its part and we’re glad to see that they like Wye Oak and E-40 as much as we do.
- Time to dig your picnic blanket out of the closet and stock up on mosquito repellant. The Fort Reno concert series was announced earlier this week.
- Clicky shuffle: Your random song for Wednesday morning:
Sade, “Like a Tattoo”