- The tragedy at the Indiana State Fair on Saturday night was the latest in a disturbing concert trend this summer. Before country group Sugarland took the stage a “fluke” wind gust knocked the grandstand stage over, killing five people and injuring many more. In July, classic rockers Cheap Trick barely escape injury after a stage collapsed at the Ottawa Bluesfest. And earlier this month wind gusts resulted in a stage collapse at a Flaming Lips show in Oklahoma.
- Radiohead will be the musical guest on the season debut of “Saturday Night Live” on Sept. 24. The following week will feature country superstars Lady Antebellum.
- Did rapper The Game tell his Twitter followers to prank call the L.A. police department?
- How did the rock-throwing, Faygo-throwing, everything-throwing Insane Clown Posse fans respond to MC Hammer at this weekend’s Gathering of the Juggalos? With “a hero’s welcome,” surprisingly enough.
Clicky shuffle: Your random song for Monday morning:
- Porter Wagoner, “The 1st Mrs. Jones”