- Rapper Ja Rule will be sentenced to two years in New York prison on Wednesday, after pleading guilty in December to weapons-related charges from a 2007 incident.
- R&B legend Smokey Robinso n is set to kick off D.C.’s annual Live! on Woodrow Wilson Plaza concert series on Monday. The full lineup for 2011 has not been announced, but there will be free concerts starting at noon every weekday through Sept. 23, when local go-go great Chuck Brown will finish things off.
- Archival label Numero Group , which is responsible for digging up some of the best lost music of decades past covering all genres, is one of the first labels to speak out against the new iCloud, opting out of Apple’s new product.
- In case you somehow missed it in yesterday’s paper, Monica Hesse’s story on The Vegan Black Metal Chef is a must-read.
Clicky shuffle: Your random song for Wednesday morning:
- Sylvia Hall, “Don’t Touch That Thing”