- Did one of those Chance? cards in the new Metallica Monopoly game say “Record album with Lou Reed?” Because that happened. The rock curmudgeon and metal icons teamed up to make a 10-song album of songs written by Reed with arrangement contributions by Metallica. Rolling Stone has the details.
- A prisoner has confessed to the 1994 shooting of rap star Tupac Shakur, an incident that escalated the famous feud between Shakur and Notorious B.I.G. that ended with both of them gunned down by 1997.
- That stupid meat dress that Lady Gaga wore to the MTV Video Music Awards last year is going on display at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame because I guess they’ve just completely given up.
- Speaking of Gaga, her “Born This Way” album falls to No. 2 on the Billboard charts this week, bumped from the top spot by Adele, who returns to No. 1 for the 10th week.
Clicky shuffle: Your random song for Thursday morning:
- Eleanor Friedberger, “My Mistakes”