- Album sales are up 1% in the first half of 2011. It’s not a big number, but it’s the first increase in overall sales since 2004. Maybe it’s because it costs more to by a Slurpee than the entire Lady Gaga album on Amazon. Maybe it’s because Adele is just that beloved.
- Hey, there’s more Wugazi .
- “This game 2 fake I quite (sic) rap after this year.” Say it ain’t so, Waka!
- Noel Gallagher announced details of two upcoming albums at a London press conference.
Clicky shuffle: Your random song for Thursday morning:
- The Raincoats, “Shouting Out Loud” (see them live at Comet Ping Pong on Sept. 17)