- Rap great Nas will pen an autobiography, “It Ain’t Hard to Tell,” which is scheduled to be released next year. The book will reportedly talk about Nas’s feuds with the likes of Jay-Z and Bill O’Reilly. He will collaborate with well-known music writer Touré on the book.
- Houston hip-hop legend DJ Screw is now part of academia. The record collection of the “chopped and screwed” originator was acquired by the University of Houston Libraries, and certain selections will be on display next year as part of the library’s exhibit about Screw and the rise of Houston hip-hop.
- Nirvana may not be as obscure as Captain Beefheart , but Republican presidential nominee Jon Huntsman managed to sneak a Kurt Cobain reference into last night’s debate. On Twitter, former Nirvana bassist Krist Novoselic said, “OK — I’m now officially interested. #huntsman”
- French hip-hop/electro producer DJ Mehdi passed away. Details have yet to emerge, but it is said to have been an accident.
Clicky shuffle: Your random song for Tuesday morning:
- Grinderman, “Chain of Flowes”