- You see the headline “Lady Gaga in talks to become new singer of Queen” and think that it can’t possibly be. And it probably won’t. But Queen guitarist Brian May is certainly into the idea and wouldn’t mind her as a replacement for Paul Rodgers who, of course, was a replacement for the seemingly irreplaceable Freddie Mercury.
- Hank Williams Jr. is officially done as “Monday Night Football” theme song dude. The Redskins/Cowboys game on Sept. 26 goes down as his swan song.
- It’s Friday and there’s a new Beyonce video for “Countdown,” so you’re a little closer to the weekend after watching it, which you know you will.
- Sweet Tea Pumpkin Pie — a bizarre, giant, free music festival — takes place in D.C. this weekend, featuring 100+ mostly-unknown bands. The City Paper gets to know the man behind it all.
Clicky shuffle: Your random song for Friday morning:
- Father’s Children, “Kohoutek”