- Toxicology tests show that Amy Winehouse had no illegal drugs in her system at the time of her death last month. The cause of her death is still unknown. Tony Bennett will pay tribute to the late singer at Sunday’s MTV Video Music Awards.
- Lady Gaga will appear on an episode of the “The Simpsons,” this fall. She joins a list of musical guest stars far too long to list, although that won’t stop us from linking to the Ramones’ classic spot way back in the day.
- Top-notch reissue label Numero Group has taken issue with Jay-Z and Kanye West — more particularly their label, Island Def Jam — for an uncleared sample of soul cult favorite Syl Johnson.
- Liam Gallagher has dropped his lawsuit against brother Noel, relating to the breakup of Oasis, which was pretty confusing in the first place.
- CMJ Music Festival, the annual gathering of hundreds of indie-ish bands in New York (which honestly makes it pretty much like any other weekend) announced its first batch of bands for this year’s festitivites, which run Oct. 18-22. Highlights include Wild Flag, Dum Dum Girls, Eleanor Friedberger and D.C.’s own U.S. Royalty .
Clicky shuffle: Your random song for Wednesday morning:
- The Free Design, “An Elegy”