This Riffster's favorite political cartoons this minute...
'DAVID FITZSIMMONS' (courtesy of cagle.com)
1. DEATH KINDLY STOPS FOR THEE: When memorializing Robert McNamara, many a cartoonist was quick to invoke the Grim Reaper. In its effective understatment, Fitzsimmon's was arguably the best of this bunch.
2. THE STALK OF THE TOWN: NATE BEELER on Marion Barry: Can't recall the last time I saw such an apropos Marion Barry cartoon. Steer to-ward the light, Mayor Barry...
3. THE LAST STRAW? DAUGHTER-GATE: JOHN SHERFFIUS on Sarah Palin: In terms of artistic execution, simply like the, well, simplicity. An iconic image, neatly appropriated.
4. STAND-UP CANDIDATES: MIKE LUCKOVICH on Al Franken: Maybe I'm just a sucker for seeing ANYone caricature Carrot Top.
5. AND LASTLY, SPEAKING OF McNAMARA: Portland's Jack Ohman has begun a Caption Contest that asks: What words will Robert McNamara hear at the pearly gates (aka The Ultimate Parallel). Not a bad choice among five sly captions -- you can vote for your fave.