THIS HOLIDAY SEASON, Google, you’ve spoiled us.
Here, under one URL, you’ve gifted us with personalized Christmas cartoon video cards and calls.
And there, as delivered by you and cousin NORAD, is a Santa flight-tracker.
Why, for the holidays, you even managed to make it snow.
(Other “Easter eggs” pop up when you type “Christmas” or “Santa Claus” into the homepage search bar.)
So what can we say now, as you top it off with all the jingling bells-and-whistles?
This holiday weekend, the California company unwrapped its latest logo (among differing versions around the globe): a musical animation that asks you to click on the box beneath each letter, which has a corresponding icon of the season, from a snowflake to a snowman to a flickering candle. Click them all and the Doodle — like a window display or lighted front-yard menagerie — tootles “Jingle Bells.”
Which means we can’t help but gift Google with the Comic Riffs Gold Ribbon as one of our favorites of the year.
Here are the rest of your best, Google — happy holidays!
Comic Riffs’ TOP TWELVE GOOGLE DOODLES OF 2011 :
1. LES PAUL: THE PLAYABLE GUITAR
2. MARTHA GRAHAM: THE ANIMATION DANCE
3. LUCILLE BALL: CHANNELING THE HIGHLIGHTS
4. FREDDIE MERCURY: THE MUSIC VIDEO
5. JIM HENSON: THE CLICKABLE MUPPETS
6. ART CLOKEY: THE “GUMBY DOODLE”
7. JULES VERNE: DEEP-SEA DOODLE
8. STANISLAW LEM: THE ANIMATED SCI-FI GAME
9. MARY BLAIR: THE DISNEY DOODLE
10. THOMAS EDISON: THE ILLUMINATING DOODLE
11. MARK TWAIN: THE HANNIBAL PANORAMA