TEN THINGS WE ALREADY HATE ABOUT DECEMBER'S "YOGI BEAR" THE MOVIE:
10. The new, winking double-entendre tagline (above) from veteran "That '70s Show" writers who have made millions out of crafting winking double-entendre "one-liners."
9. The continued crass and shameless plunder of the favorite cartoon shows from our childhood so a studio can turn a quick holiday-season buck.
8. The shameless plunder of a favorite cartoon show IN POINTLESS 3-D, so a studio can make 20-percent more quick holiday-season bucks.
7. The slick, soulless CGI "art" that goes with the double-entendre tagline.
6. The once-great Dan Aykroyd stooping to immediately challenge the still-great Bill Murray ("Garfield") for the title of Cheesiest CGI Cartoon-Film Character to Be Voiced by an Esteemed "SNL" Alumnus.
5. The fact that the always-funny "SNL" host Justin Timberlake will make us enjoy the CGI Boo-Boo character at least a little bit, thereby eroding our self-righteous fit of pique.
4. The worrisome prospect that this could be the best available animated film to take visiting young relatives to during the holiday season.
3. The prospect that the swarming hordes of plastic tie-in toys will feel far less artificial than this film, judging by the trailer (below).
2. The realization that we will ultimately tithe 80 bucks for the film/3D glasses/toys that will line the pockets of the geniuses who wrote that winking double-entendre poster tagline.
1. The inevitable sequel: "Step Up Yogi 3-D: Electric Boo-Boo-ga-loo."