THE MORNING QUICKIE
From 3-D Simba to animated trolls, our Fave Five Links this morning...
5. COMIC-TRON: Comic-Con 2010 hasn't yet released its full schedule, but the folks at io9 predict just what might take centerstage next month in San Diego. ("Scott Pilgrim vs. the World," we await you.)
4. FIRST PREQUEL FROM THE SUN: Mark Wahlberg's attempt at donning the simian makeup left us a little cold, so it's with guarded optimism that we read that John Lithgow has joined the cast of the planned "Planet of the Apes" prequel.
3. LIONS AND CHEETAHS AND TROLLS, OH MY: Disney, perhaps tasting the power of the premium 3-D priced ticket, says it will re-release its mighty "The Lion King" in 3-D, among the Mouse House's other new-project news. Meanwhile, DreamWorks Animation announces that those pastel-haired Good Luck Trolls have been greenlighted for a film after a deal was reached with Denmark's Dam Things. (And who knew the Troll doll "phenomenon" was birthed a half-decade ago by wood-cutting Danish fishermen?)
2. WHAT HAPPENS IN PORTLAND: The Daily Cartoonist's Alan Gardner has an excellent rumination on the Association of American Editorial Cartoonists convention that was held over the weekend -- and how much the group and its annual gathering have changed since the go-go '90s days in Vegas.
Annnnd No. 1:
1. TOOTING "XKCD's" HORN: Well, we laughed.