12. Having to make lists of 12 items instead of 10, to go with the year.
11. Hearing and hearing and hearing about Mitt Romney’s dog.
9. The “War on Women.” In fact, most non-war wars on things or concepts.
8. “YOLO” and the people who hate “YOLO.” The phrase, the concept, everything — I agree, it’s dreadful. But I almost equally loathe the excessive loathing heaped on it by the snarkier regions of the Internet. Life is short, and you cannot spend it mocking the YOLOers.
7. Mayan Apocalypse jokes.
6. That zombie cannibalism bath salts incident. (Fun fact: For months, a substantial percentage of the people who came to this blog from Google got there by searching for “bath salts zombie.”)
5. 3-D re-release of “The Phantom Menace.”
4. “Legitimate rape.”
3. That rumored “Unavoidable Bacon Shortage.”
2. Rihanna-Chris Brown rapprochement.