An electrical fire destroyed a single-family home in Glenn Dale early Sunday, leaving its occupants homeless, Prince George’s County fire officials said.
The blaze broke out shortly before 2:30 a.m. in the two-story house in the 8000 block of Wingate Drive, said Mark E. Brady, a spokesman for the county’s Fire/EMS Department. He said the fire was well advanced when firefighters arrived, and it took about 45 minutes to extinguish. Firefighters estimate the loss at $300,000 and attributed the cause to an electrical source.
A female firefighter suffered an unspecified leg injury while battling the flames and was taken to a local hospital. No other injuries were reported.