Fire displaces Lanham family; firefighter burned

A family of three was displaced and a Prince George’s County firefighter suffered burns in a house fire Thursday night in Lanham, authorities said.

The fire was reported about 9:30 p.m in the 8900 block of Hickory Hill Avenue. Firefighters arrived to find fire on both floors of the two-story house, near the I-295 exit off the Capital Beltway, a statement from the Prince George’s County Fire Department said.

Firefighters brought the blaze under control by 10 p.m.. The family — an adult and two children — escaped the house. The firefighter suffered first and second-degree burns to his upper body and was listed in fair condition at a local hospital’s burn unit.

Officials said the cause of the fire was accidental, but they provided no other details.

local

Success! Check your inbox for details. You might also like:

Please enter a valid email address

See all newsletters

Comments
Show Comments
Most Read

local

Success! Check your inbox for details.

See all newsletters