Man burned in D.C. propane tank explosion

A man suffered serious burns Thursday evening when a small propane tank exploded at the National Building Museum, D.C. Fire and EMS officials said.

The explosion happened when a caterer’s propane tank exploded and caused a flash fire inside the building about 6 p.m., said Lon Walls, a spokesman. One man was taken to a hospital with serious and potentially life-threatening burns.

Clarence Williams is the night police reporter for The Washington Post and has spent the better part of 13 years standing next to crime scene tape, riding in police cars or waking officials in the middle of night to gather information about breaking news in and around Washington.
Comments
Show Comments
Most Read

local

Success! Check your inbox for details.

See all newsletters