Man injured in Fort Washington fire

A man was injured in a fire early Sunday morning in Fort Washington, Prince George’s fire officials said.

Firefighters were called to the house in the 9300 block of Old Palmer Road just before 3 a.m. Sunday. The occupant of the house, a man in his 60s, was outside the home, suffering from minor burn injuries.

The man was taken to a burn unit for treatment and is now in “good” condition, fire officials said.

Investigators believe the fire started after a stove was left on accidentally, fire officials said.  They said the fire at the two-story home resulted in losses of about $200,000. 

Luz Lazo writes about transportation and development. She has recently written about the challenges of bus commuting, Metro’s dark stations, and the impact of sequestration on air travel.

local

Success! Check your inbox for details. You might also like:

Please enter a valid email address

See all newsletters

Comments
Show Comments
Most Read

local

Success! Check your inbox for details.

See all newsletters