Officials in Prince George’s County have identified the man who set himself on fire while cooking in his Bladensburg apartment last week .
Jerry Holloway, 51, was found dead about 11 a.m. last Wednesday in his 6th floor apartment in the 5800 block of Annapolis Road.
He had suffered critical burn injuries, and fire investigators believe he accidentally ignited his clothing while cooking.
There was evidence of a relatively small fire near the area of the stove, but damage to the kitchen was minimal, investigators said.
Holloway’s death is the first fire fatality in Prince George’s County in 2012.