Tots stung by bees during fire drill

Update, Sept. 11: All of the toddlers who were stung by wasps Monday morning during a fire drill at Temple Emmanuel Early Childhood Center are doing well, according to the Montgomery County fire department.

The insects were initially reported to be bees by rescue workers. But the school confirmed Tuesday that they were yellow jackets, not bees, after an inquiry by a member of the Montgomery County beekeepers Association.

Rescue workers checked health records for each child, and used a mobile ambulance bus to transport all of the children together with staff members to a local hospital, officials said.

Original item, Sept. 10: A dozen 2-year-olds were stung by bees while they were outside Temple Emmanuel Early Childhood Center for a fire drill, according to a tweet by a Montgomery County fire official.

The children had minor injuries and were taken to a local hospital, according to the tweet.

It happened around 11:15 a.m. outside the center, 10101 Connecticut Ave. in Kensington.

local

Success! Check your inbox for details. You might also like:

Please enter a valid email address

See all newsletters

Comments
Show Comments
Most Read

local

Success! Check your inbox for details.

See all newsletters