Vigil for toddler who died in PG fire

Prince George’s Fire Chief Marc Bashoor and other county emergency workers are scheduled to be among mourners at a candlelight vigil Sunday evening for a 2-year-old girl who died after firefighters pulled her from a burning District Heights home last month.

Mariah Kendra Hood died two days after rescuers carried the unconscious toddler down a ladder from her second-floor bedroom. Three adults and a 9-year-old boy escaped the blaze at the family home in the 6100 block of Hil-Mar Drive. The fire apparently was caused by unattended cooking, and the boy was evaluated briefly for possible smoke inhalation injuries.

The vigil, led by the Rev. John E. Richardson, is scheduled to be held at 6139 Hil-Mar Dr. beginning a 6 p.m.

Steve Hendrix came to The Post more than ten years ago from the world of magazine freelancing and has written for just about every page of the paper: Travel, Style, the Magazine, Book World, Foreign, National and, most recently, the Metro section’s Enterprise Team.

local

Success! Check your inbox for details. You might also like:

Please enter a valid email address

See all newsletters

Comments
Show Comments
Most Read

local

Success! Check your inbox for details.

See all newsletters