A few more things about Bryce Harper’s first career home run.
1) His time around the bases was clocked at 17.07 seconds, making it the second-fastest trot in the big leagues this season.
2) Bob Carpenter’s call included this line: “and several more hundred to follow, we hope.” Keeping expectations down.
3) Hitting coach Rick Eckstein and Chad Tracy combined to snatch Harper’s batting helmet, as seen below.
4) Something about the experience caused a lot of people to smile. Especially Ross Detwiler, after Harper took a curtain call. See above, and also below.
5) And Ryan Zimmerman was being very face of the franchise-y.