The Redskins front office has traveled to Waco for Robert Griffin III’s pro day. During the trip, they appear to have visited the local Hooters, posing for photos with the happy employees. Look how happy everyone looks.
That photo comes via this amazing Extreme Skins message board thread, which also includes a first-person account from a fan who says he met the front office at a (different?) Waco restaurant and managed to talk with several of the big shots.
In this post-Rodskins world, you never know what to believe, I suppose. The fan posted a photo of himself with Snyder, who was wearing the same clothes as in this Hooters photo. (See below.)
Among the nuggets reported by this fan:
* “I asked [Bruce Allen] about the salary cap fiasco and he told me in no uncertain terms they are going to fight it and so are the Cowboys.”
* Allen “talked about how excited they are about RG3 and how Griffin is glad it wasn’t Cleveland that moved up to number 2.”
* “I go to the bathroom and low and behold, Kyle Shanahan walks in as I’m finishing my business....I told him how excited the fans are at the possibility of RG3 and he replied ‘not nearly as much as I am’ as we parted ways.
* “There is a lot of laughter coming from that party room the whole night. I turned my head a few times and I saw pictures being taken of RG3 with each Shanahan.”
* “Dan gladly comes over puts his arm around me and poses for two pictures Bruce Allen takes with my cell phone. In between pics Dan said to me ‘we appreciate your support’. I said thank you, shook his hand went back in to pay my bar tab then drove home a little after 9 pm buzzing and asking myself ‘did that really happen?’
Anyhow, Robert Griffin III has his pro day today. No idea whether Hooters is doing the catering.
(First blogged by Hogs Haven.)