(This was composed a few days ago, apologies if some references are dated--editor.)
1. I need Soriano back with the Yankees DC! He will be the first 50/50 player and he will be back in the Bronx one day. I want one real Dominican.... I will have a big discussion on that later.
2. How about those Noles baby? Five yards of total offense by the Canes in the second half! That's what I'm talking about! As the wife tried to take the Tivo remote to have me watch the last 5 minutes before work Tuesday morning. Hell to the NO! I have to watch my Noles EN VIVO baby! Live shoot this aint the world cup but hey it's college football baby!
I have to let the nation know that Lee Corso gets thanks for picking the Canes. FSU is now 2-0 with that prediction and after the game was over you look at the schedule and pronounce that Oscar Meyer and the Gators are going to make us gator bait on November 25th? It's not happening funk soul brother.
I love how Convict U gets everyone to come out and then you have Dwyane Wade on the sidelines, forget the NBA FINALS MVP and Championship! You lost to Greece, what's up with that????? No wonder the Canes lost with D Wade on the side of the losers. That's just bad karma Miami.
3. I checked out a few of the College Basketball Preseason magazines last weekend. Let's see locally what's shakin! Too bad Maryland is predicted to finish in the NIT in one and the big dance in the other. Georgetown, wow #2 in the Big East? Coach JT III watch out. Last time I saw this much love I saw the boys get bounced by mighty Umass in the Georgia Dome. George Mason is one and one making the dance but Hofstra making it to the Second round? I know the guard play is there but you need an inside game as well, as witnessed by the Patriots Final 4 run.
4. Tiger Woods is, in the words of the immortal Dan Patrick "En Fuego"! 5 in a row, too bad the Islanders couldn't do that back in the mid 80's. I have Messier, Gretzky, Kurri, Fuhr, Coffey to thank for that! Sorry about the hockey reference.
5. My wife hates the fact that I love many sports just like Dan. But the 2 She can't stomach (well okay one of them is entertainment and not a sport): Lucha Libre (aka wrestling) and WNBA hoops. She can't stand the hmm hmm
Ladies shooting the rock and yours truly who collects sneakers trying to Obtainsz 15 women's game worn shoes for my pretty large collection. Anyone who can find me Ronnie Highsmith or Hulk Hogan knee highs
e-mail me here. I can see the spam coming in now!
6. Is it me or is Lloyd Carr on his way out at Michigan? He better get more than 7 W's or he's gone from Ann Arbor. We'll see if Penn State is a Flash in the pan or if they can get back to a major bowl game this year. We'll hear the cries for Joe Pa's head if he doesn't get it done this Year.
7. Can the US get a break? We get Colangelo to create a model for victory And then we end up with another abysmal performance with a payroll of over 300 million dollars? Hey is he related to GW BUSH?
8. Can we get a little love from the Baltimore Ravens and the SWAT truck? Just because I'm in Connecticut doesn't mean that I'm not one who dabbles In some sports travel. Our blogging nation has to get together with unique trendsetters. I declare 2 vehicles a week to send the best 2 vehicles of fans per NFL team. The Tailgate version of the Espy's. It Doesn't get more American than that boys and girls.
9. I'm on a roll here so I'll have to thank the Good people at the Post. Thank you for letting a creative individual Like Danielson (Thunder Dan Steinberg) do his thing. It's good people, and good reporting that should be commended so
that we Can continue our passion for sports.
10. Whats up with the dad taking out that kid in the Pop Warner football game? I want to know if he got a 15 yard penalty. If so do both penalties offset and we have a replay of the down? Actually they were both after the whistle right? So they would offset!
I had a similar situation happen with my younger brother during a practice. Starting QB was the coach's nephew; my brother was the backup in a suburban league where there is no weight limit. So of course the QB has on the red jersey which means no contact. 275 pound 8th grader levels with a blindside hit my younger brother 95 pound 6th grader. My brother is as tough as nails and got up like what the.......I run on the field and I tell the coach, that was b.s. and that if it ever happened again I would take a shot like that on him (the coach). The funny thing is the kid probably weighed 10 pounds more than me.