Washington-based Beijing Sports Smog Special Correspondent Lindsay Applebaum here with an assortment of Olympic-related links:
- The Bush Olympic Buffoonery Tour continues. (Fourth-Place Medal)
- Chinese sports journalists have way more fun in the press box than American sports journalists do. (Ticket to Beijing)
- Oh, say can you. . . Huh? (Ron Judd's Olympics Insider)
- Kobe doesn't blend well in Beijing. (Awful Announcing)
- How to communicate with cab drivers in Beijing: Point at map, say "Yao Ming" a lot, do not ask for high fives. (Fanhouse)
- Tattoos: how the cool kids get their 'roids. (Deadspin)
* or in some cases, Canadian.