This year’s second Beltway Battle (or Battle of the Beltways if you prefer) starts tonight. Here are a few media musings to get you psyched.
* Washington Post: “The Nationals will move to Baltimore on Friday, in first place by 31 / 2 games, past the business of Peralta’s pine tar and the mess that followed. They had won the game and the series because of Espinosa.” But what about Bryce Harper?
* Yahoo Sports: “The Orioles will be in for another test against the Nationals and their major league-leading 3.00 ERA.” And Bryce Harper.
* Weather: Muggy with possible storms and a strong chance of “Oh!”.
* Beltway Battle: Who ya got? Vote in our Facebook poll.
BECAUSE YOU DON’T READ THE PAPER...
* Boz says the dog days are behind the Nats.
* Mike Wise would like to remind LeBron that he didn’t win a championship on his own.
* Another local product heads to the Olympics.
TWEET OF THE NIGHT
Hankerson after the Heat win...
Dang, that's what you play for, it's no feeling better then that feeling, I can't wait to feel that feeling at some point in my career. Wow— Leonard Hankerson (@HankTime85) June 22, 2012
QUOTE OF THE NIGHT
Davey Johnson on this weekend’s series against Baltimore:
“They beat us here two of three [in May]. I’d like to return the favor.”
PHOTO OF THE DAY
WHAT TO WATCH TODAY
Washington at Baltimore, 7 p.m. on MASN, MASN2. All TV/Radio listings are here.
FEEL GOOD THING OF THE DAY
Here are 21 pictures that will restore your faith in humanity.
PSA OF THE DAY
This is a PSA for the “1 is 2 Many” campaign against dating violence. It includes appearances by Joe Torre, David Beckham, Eli Manning, Jeremy Lin, Evan Longoria, and Jimmy Rollins, along with the POTUS and VPOTUS.