The Redskins’ last day of minicamp is today. After that, the players will head into a six-week break, during which they will continue to work out on their own (we hope).
Here’s what we’ve learned about the team’s progress so far.
* RGIII has a few things he needs to work on during the break, including decision-making, moving through progressions and reacting to defenses.
* There has been a lot of turnover in the Redskins’ secondary, and the talent to choose from might be a little thin.
* Shanahan has made clear that he expects kick returner Brandon Banks to also contribute at wide receiver if he wants to make the team. It’s not looking good for Banks.
* The receiving core is young and exciting. RGIII plans on working with them during the break.
* The team is being cautious with their rehabbing starters.
Things will be kicked up a notch when the team returns for training camp in late July. Keep an eye on our Redskins page for updates during the break.
BECAUSE YOU DON’T READ THE PAPER . . .
* Both the Nats and the Yankees will be entering this weekend’s series on six straight wins.
* The Wizards worked out local product Thomas Robinson yesterday.
* Lance Armstrong is facing new doping charges.
TWEET OF THE NIGHT
The struggle to get up three flights of stairs after mini camp is real #HTTR— Niles Paul (@Niles_Paul84) June 13, 2012
QUOTE OF THE NIGHT
Robert Griffin on playing aggressively:
“If I need to slide, I’ll slide. If I need to run out of bounds, I’ll run out of bounds. But by no means will I play with fear.”
HIGHLIGHT OF THE NIGHT
Stephen Strasburg is the first pitcher to 100 strikeouts in 2012. Here’s his 100th.
PHOTO OF THE DAY
WHAT TO WATCH TODAY
Pittsburgh at Baltimore, 7 p.m. on MASN. All TV/Radio listings are here.
AD OF THE DAY
So many of the commercials we see now are terrible. This is not one of them.