Asking athletes to tell me things about themselves that fans don’t already know is something that I’ve been doing for a while. While I’m not an athlete, I thought it would be a good way for you to learn about Dan Steinberg’s new internet roommate.
Maybe you’ve seen my work at NBC Washington, the Huffington Post, or Deadspin. If you haven’t, it’s okay. (Just don’t tell my mom. She thinks I’m famous.)
I’m honored that Dan is allowing me to share this space with him. I’ll try not to let it get too messy in here.
Here are my “Ten” in no particular order:
1. I used to teach hip-hop dance.
2. I meet athletes all the time and it doesn’t faze me, but when I met Bruce Springsteen and Jon Bon Jovi at the same time I almost cried.
3. In case you couldn’t tell by No. 2, I was born and raised in New Jersey.
4. I’m married to a Redskins fan, which means we fight at least twice a year.
5. I’m not easily rattled, but I’m terrified of clowns.
6. I’ve been sky diving and mako shark hunting, yet will still get freaked out by a bug in my bathroom.
7. I like almost every type of music. I either have the world’s best or world’s worst iPod, depending on who you ask.
8. My first job was pumping gas and changing oil at the gas station down the street from the house where I grew up. I was 12. I’ve gotten a lot “girlier” since then.
9. I’m an animal lover and have three dogs as well as various foster dogs from time to time.
10. I can watch and enjoy any sport live, but I have yet to make it through a whole Sunday of golf on television.
Earlier today: Morning pixels and a new Bog writer