1) Ted Leonsis's latest Owner's Corner is an enormous manifesto, complete with interesting nuggets ("Comcast SportsNet has enjoyed a 40-plus% improvement from last season in its ratings") and irony-free pronouncements ("Something special is happening around the Capitals - a remarkable atmosphere at Verizon Center and even at Kettler during practice.") But he earns even higher marks for linking to this video of George McPhee and his mullet. Plus, McPhee is so darn smiley in this video.
2) This Maryland blogger was despondent Sunday night ("Two things happened tonight: a little piece of my soul died and I'm pretty sure Debbie Yow accepted a NIT bid without asking Gary Williams first") but in the calming light of Monday morning he said the Clemson game "wasn't even on a short list of worst losses ever." Which must make that a pretty remarkable list.
3) Maryland is still in the tourney, and Virginia Tech is the very last team in, according to Bracketology 101, which has the Hokies in because of their two wins over Maryland, which would become a less compelling argument if Maryland loses at Virginia and falls off the bubble. So do the Hokies root for the Terps? I'm confused. (Chris's Sports Blog, by the way, passionately believes that Maryland is not a tournament team.)
4) D.C. Sports Clowns says the Mavs, Hornets and Celtics would all hate to see the Wiz in a seven-game series. I feel pretty certain that the Mavs and Hornets don't need to worry about that too much. The Celtics, though....the real Big Three vs. the fake Big Three, Gilbert vs. the team he spoke ill of, the Massachusetts-based Bullets Forever vs. the D.C.-based Celtics Blog....that sounds like fun.
5) Mister Irrelevant's D.C. Sports Media Interview series kicks off with a Dave Sheinin Q&A, including the inevitable questions about Linday Czarniak and about Sheinin's Top 5 albums.