1) Many congrats to Gheorghe: The Blog, for meeting Gheorghe: The Person. To me, it's the kind of thing you might want to wait for until you're 80, on your blogging deathbed, with just minutes to go, and then GM shows up and you snap the photo and upload it into your blog and hit "publish" just before you shuffle off, just for the drama. But getting the pic in June of 2007 is cool, too.
2) With the MLB draft frenzy mounting, both Capitol Punishment and Nationals Farm Authority bestow us with enough statistical reference points to make our eyes shrivel up. Interesting notes: players taken with the No. 6 pick include Barry Bonds, Gary Sheffield, Derek Jeter, Andy Van Slyke and a whole mess of guys I've never heard of.
3) The Orioles seem not to be consistently good, or consistently anything, leading to the classic line graph chart thing over at Camden Chat. The summer sports season will be over in approximately two months. I suggest you all go on vacation until then.
4) This is way late, but you probably want to look at the Gilbert Arenas trading cards that will be available along with the release of his Gil Zero Remix shoe. The trading cards appear....interesting. I swear, I'd give $3.19 to know who does that Gilbertology blog.
5) The Hot Male Blogger brackets are out over at Ladies.... No, you don't have to search through the photos for me, nor for Steve Goff, Jason La Canfora, Ivan Carter, Michael Lee, Barry Svrluga, Tarik El-Bashir or the rest. None of us entered. The Post wants to retain proprietary control over our images, so we're running a WaPo Hot Male Blogger contest, also featuring Marc Fisher, Chris Cillizza and Joel Achenbach, with special guest appearances from DCRTV's Dave Hughes and that dude Patrick from Fishbowl DC. Ok, not really, but how great would that be? Ivan Carter opens as the 1-4 favorite in Vegas.